29th December 2019
Summer! It was a busy period for us and we had a great time celebrating with all of our students. Read about what we got up to in our year in review – the summer edition, here.
- Celtic hosted their annual BBQ for staff and students. Everyone had a great time celebrating our 15 year anniversary in the sun!
- Our Junior Summer Programme officially started in Bangor, North Wales. It was a huge success offering young people the chance to learn English, make new friends and visit new places. With our peak weeks hitting numbers of just over 62 students we welcomed young people from all over the world. Our unique destination offered on-site and off-site activities that gave the programme a great variety.
- Celtic took students to Tenby for a day excursion – this is just one of the many different trips we try to organize for our students!
- Celtic hosted a five-a-side football tournament for staff and students to join
- In August we welcomed Monttinee from Thailand; Monttinee was granted a scholarship presented to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn by Celtic English Academy in collaboration with International Education Consultants Association in Thailand. Staying with us for 8 weeks Monttinee had many wonderful things to say about Cardiff after she left; it was a real pleasure to meet her!
- Our Junior Summer Programme came to an end in August; we made some great friends and spent the summer in the sun, learning English and experiencing new things. We remain grateful for the summer staff that joined our programme and wish them well for the new year.
- With a heavy heart, Celtic waved goodbye to Steve, who worked at Celtic for three years.
- Cardiff saw it’s annual 10k take runners past some of Cardiff’s most iconic landmarks
- Our students took part in a photo competition, where we encouraged them to explore local landmarks and capture their best memories of their stay here in Cardiff
- We welcomed a group from Japan for September who came not only for the English Language but for the cultural exchange. Throughout their stay #WorldBridge showed many of the staff and students at Celtic some of the intricate traditions of Japanese culture
- We hosted a fantastic opportunity for students to try Sailing and Canoeing in Cardiff Bay, albeit a little on the cold side it’s a great way to experience the beauty of the Bay
Thank you for reading our year in review – the summer edition. It’s been a busy summer – if you want to know more about any of our courses or how to apply please contact us!