28th December 2019
It’s time to take a look back at our year in review, this time for the spring edition. In this blog, we reflect on staff and student achievements between the months of April and June.
As we moved into Spring:
- Maria our Business Development Manager gave birth to her daughter Helena in April.
- We celebrated Easter here at the school and raised £50 for Bobath Children’s Therapy Centre Wales. To raise the money students had to guess how many chocolate eggs were in the jar if they guessed right, they got to take it home!
May was a great month as:
- Celtic hosted their AGM in Chapel Bar & Restaurant, Churchill Way. This was a great opportunity to gain staff feedback about positive changes we have made in the last five years and the improvements that we hope to make over the coming years – this is part of our continued effort to enhance the student experience.
- We welcomed Louise as our Assistant Director of Studies, Vicky as Finance Manager and Barry as Accommodation Assistant.
- Staff and students joined together at Celtic to celebrate Ramadan
- International Admissions Advisor, Ruth, visited Celtic and provided the students with lots of helpful information about applying to Cardiff University.
All eyes on the environment, in June we:
- Hosted an event for ‘Go Green Day’ in support of Size of Wales; this was a great event to help encourage students to make ‘greener’ choices in their day to day lives. We also asked for feedback from our students to understand what we can do as a school to make sure we are as environmentally sustainable as we can be.
- Shoko and James welcomed their little boy, Evan, into the world!
- Celtic took to the city to celebrate Welsh food derived from the culture by participating in a local Welsh Food Tour
- Tafwyl took over Cardiff Castle – it’s a FREE festival celebrating welsh culture and language that returns to the city every year.
We’re still celebrating the positive impact of the Spring months. Thank you for reading our year in review – the spring edition. Our summer edition is up next!