30th December 2019
Last, but by no means least, here’s our year in review – the autumn edition. Thanks for supporting us all the way through. We’ve got many more adventures to come, why not join us next year and become part of the Celtic family?
We’re leaving you with the final instalment of our year in review – the autumn edition. We hope you enjoy reading about all the memories we have made this year!
- The school celebrated the 84th birthday of Mitsuru, one of the students from the Japanese group. The group enjoyed a celebration at the local pub The Pen and Wig with coffee and cake!
- Marie, our Marketing officer visited our partners in Instabul – this is just one of the ways how we manage our relationships, making our partners feel valued.
- City Hall hosted the 2019 Wales Climate Conference; did you know that Wales was the first government to declare a climate crisis and state of emergency? For every delegate that attended the conference, the Welsh Government planted a tree in their Wales For Africa programme.
- Celtic staff hosted a charity pub quiz night in The Beverly on Cathedral Road. This was to help raise money towards our aim of £2,200 for our participation in the #Clashofthecorporates movement to help support the homeless in Wales.
- Cardiff centre dedicated a day to the arcades that it is known so well for. With lots of offers, shopping, live music and events to witness the #CityofArcades day made the city come to life
- The UK celebrates Guy Fawkes night where bonfires and fireworks are lit to celebrate the failure of the Gunpowder Plot against King James I.
- The city centred welcomed back the Christmas Markets this year; with lots of handmade gifts, local foods and exciting items to explore we couldn’t wait to dive into the Christmas spirit.
- To help our students witness Christmas in the UK we organized a trip to the trendy city of Bristol where they could visit the market stalls and do their Christmas shopping. Bristol is just a short drive away from Cardiff and makes a good location for an excursion.
- Cardiff Metropolitan University visited us to present to our students about going to university in the UK. It was a great opportunity to get to know the university and all it has to offer.
- We released our #25DaysofChristmas advent calendar to mark the start of advent. Celtic staff put together 25 different videos that outlined Christmas vocab, Christmas traditions and our staffs’ favourite books and movies.
- We hosted an event to celebrate our 15th year anniversary and our continued effort to maintain International Relations. We invited the Lord Mayor of Cardiff, Honorary Consul for Switzerland in Wales and Honorary Consul for Japan in Wales into our school.
That’s a wrap! You’re all caught up. Thank you for reading our year in review – the autumn edition. Keep an eye out for our future adventures which you can read about on our blog.