Prepare for the Occupational English Test (OET) and improve your English in the workplace.
b2 Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
- Course options:
- Intensive Exam Preparation
- Class Size:
- Maximum 10 students
- Minimum Age:
Occupational English Test Preparation Course
The Cambridge Occupational English Test (OET) assesses the English language skills of healthcare professionals who would like to register and practise in an English-speaking environment. A number of employers and healthcare bodies now recognise and accept the OET as a proof of English proficiency.
Our OET Preparation Workshops will be coming soon. They could be perfect if you:
- Are a medical professional such as a doctor, nurse, midwife or other healthcare professional who would like to improve your English language skills for the workplace.
- Would like to prepare for the Occupational English Test.
- Need an English language qualification which is recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
We can also provide OET preparation courses for groups in the workplace. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Intended learning outcomes'
The learning outcomes for our Occupational English Test Preparation Course are:
- An extended range of vocabulary and grammar which is relevant to your role within medicine and which should help you succeed in the OET exam.
- The ability to communicate with improved accuracy, fluency and confidence when you deal with with patients and colleagues in English.
- A thorough understanding of the OET exam format and improved techniques and strategies to succeed in each part of the OET exam.
- The entry requirement for the two-week course is a level of English equivalent to CEFR B2, OET 300-340 (Grade C+) or IELTS 6.5.
- The entry requirement for the one-week course is a level of English equivalent to CEFR C1, OET 350 (Grade B) or IELTS 7.
- If you are unsure of your level of English, we can offer an OET assessment service. Please email email@example.com for more information.