Gain practical and creative teaching ideas with this great summertime midday option.
- b2Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
- Class Size:
- Maximum 10 students
- Start Date:
- Any Monday in the Summer
- Course Length:
- 1-4 weeks
- Minimum Age:
- July and August Only
- Class Times:
- 12.30 - 14.00
- Monday - Thursday
It is quick and easy to apply online. Just click on the link below to book your course.Apply Online Request a Quote
The perfect summertime option for teachers and trainee teachers who would like to gain practical and creative teaching ideas.
Our Teacher Development Course is aimed at primary or secondary school teachers or trainee teachers who:
- Teach English in their own country at primary or secondary level.
- Teach any subject in their own country that may require delivery in the medium of English.
- Wish to gain an insight into the British education system as well as network and exchange ideas with their peers.
Our Teacher Development courses could be the right course for you if:
- You would like to gain some creative and practical ideas which you can use in your own classroom.
- Gain a better understanding of the British education system.
- Improve your level of English.
The course is designed to meet the needs of overseas teachers who are required to teach some of their lessons in English. It aims to provide teachers with creative lesson ideas, as well as motivating activities and resources which can be adapted and applied in the classroom. The language input sessions aim to develop English language skills. There may also be opportunities for micro-teaching and peer feedback.
- You will participate in lessons which use a variety of creative activities and teaching techniques.
- These activities and techniques will be analysed and you will be encouraged to reflect on ways you can apply these activities to your own classroom so that you improve your own teaching repertoire.
- Discussions will provide opportunities to exchange ideas.
It could be a great chance to meet other teachers from Europe or across the world to share ideas, experience and best practice.
Intended Learning Outcomes'
By the end of this course, you should have:
- A better understanding of the different teaching methodologies commonly used in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- The ability to apply these method to different teaching contexts
- The ability to use practical and creative activities so that you can motivate primary and secondary students
- Improved English language skills
- A better understanding of how different teaching approaches can be used in the classroom, and
- An improved ability to use English in the classroom and to teach English to young learners.
Unfortunately, school visits are unavailable for this add-on course. However, we can arrange visits for participants on our Teacher Development Course for Groups. This course we hold on request for groups with a minimum of six participants.