Develop the strategies and techniques to help you succeed in the IELTS exam.
I can communicate in familiar situations, but often make mistakes or don't have the vocabulary I need.
I can speak and understand reasonably well and can use basic tenses but have problems with more difficult grammar and vocabulary.
- b2Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
The perfect option if you would like to develop strategies and techniques to help you succeed in the IELTS exam.
IELTS is an internationally-recognised English language exam. Most of our students who follow one of our IELTS exam preparation courses go on to complete an undergraduate or postgraduate course at university in the UK or another English-speaking country. The aim of our IELTS preparation course is to help you improve your level of English and provide you with the strategies and techniques you need to succeed in the exam.
During the Covid-19 situation, why not take one of our online IELTS courses instead?
Our IELTS preparation course could be the perfect choice for students who:
- Want to obtain an IELTS score as evidence of their English ability or improve their current IELTS score.
- Improve their English for further study and go to university in the UK or another English-speaking country.
- Require an IELTS score as proof of their English level for work or visa purposes.
IELTS Course Content
Our IELTS Preparation courses focus on examination techniques, study skills, examination practice and language development relevant to the IELTS exam. We will help you to develop strategies and techniques for dealing with each aspect of the IELTS examination. You will be given regular IELTS practice questions, followed by feedback and advice on how to improve to help prepare you for the exam.
Our IELTS Preparation Midday classes run between 12:30 and 14:00 from Monday to Thursday. We also offer an IELTS Exam Preparation morning class between 08:45 and 12:00 from Monday to Friday.
Intended learning outcomes'
By the end of this course, you should:
- Improved English language and critical thinking skills in an academic context
- Improved techniques and strategies to succeed in each part of the IELTS test
- A thorough understanding of the IELTS test format and question types
- An extended range of academic and everyday English grammar and vocabulary which will help you succeed in the IELTS test; and
- The ability to express your ideas and opinions with greater confidence, fluency and accuracy both in speaking and in writing.
Levels and availability'
We can offer 4 levels of IELTS Preparation courses. You will be placed in the appropriate class depending on your IELTS band score and the band score you are working towards obtaining.
|Level 1||Bands 3.5-4.5|
|Level 2||Bands 4.5-5.5|
|Level 3||Bands 5.5-6.5|
|Level 4||Bands 6.5-7.5|
- Please note that all levels are subject to availability.
- If your level of English is not suitable to join one of our IELTS Preparation classes at the start of your course, then we will place you in an English Language Skills class until you have reached the required level of English.