Improve your English language skills and learn more about the English-speaking world.
I can say some basic words in English.
I can communicate in a simple way and understand a few things in English.
I can communicate in familiar situations, but often make mistakes or don't have the vocabulary I need.
I can speak and understand reasonably well and can use basic tenses but have problems with more difficult grammar and vocabulary.
- b2Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
A great option if you would like to further improve your English language skills and learn more about the English-speaking world.
Our English language and culture courses are designed to meet the needs of learners in a variety of English language settings. Our aim is to increase your confidence and ability to use English in the real world.
English Language Skills could be a great option if you would like to:
- Improve your day-to-day use of English for educational, professional or personal reasons.
- Increase your range of grammar and vocabulary as well as your ability to communicate in English.
- Learn more about UK culture and the culture of other societies.
You will study a range of interesting topics and follow an integrated skills programme. This programme covers reading, writing, speaking and listening as well as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Our aim is to help you so that you improve in all of these areas and increase your awareness of British culture.
Our English Language Skills courses run at 6 different levels, from beginner (A1) to advanced (C1), so it’s no problem if you are just starting to learn English or if you are looking to perfect your English skills.
This course will be known as English Language & Culture until December 2019. It will be replaced with our new English Language Skills course in 2020.
Intended learning outomes'
By the end of your course, you should have:
- An extended range of vocabulary and grammar
- Improved levels of fluency and confidence
- The ability to communicate with improved accuracy and pronunciation
- Improved speaking, reading, listening and writing skills and
- A better understanding of English-speaking cultures.
Personalise your course'
If you would like to prepare for an exam or have an area of specific interest, you could take one of our other midday add-on courses instead.