Prepare for the CAE, a high level English language qualification with international recognition.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
- caeCertificate of Advanced English is an advanced-level exam for high level learners and is accepted globally as proof of high achievement. It can be used for employment and university entry.
Cambridge Advanced Certificate CAE
The Advanced Certificate (CAE) is a high level English language qualification. It is a C1 level exam which is recognised internationally. It is an excellent qualification to have because it can help you:
- Improve your career opportunities
- Gain entry to study at university or
- Make certain visa applications.
During the Covid-19 situation, why not take one of our Online Courses instead?
This course could be a great option if you would like to:
- Obtain a formal English language qualification which is recognised internationally.
- Have an official certificate which shows you have a C1 level of English for work or university.
- Improve in all the four skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening.
Our CAE course combines language development with exam techniques, study skills and exam practice. This should help prepare you for the exam. We will help you develop strategies and techniques to deal with each aspect of the CAE exam. You will take regular practice tests. After these tests, your teacher will give you feedback and advice so that you can improve.
More than 15,000 higher or further educational institutions, government bodies and ministries, as well as companies accept CAE.
Intended learning outcomes'
By the end of the course, you should have:
- A good understanding of the CAE exam format and the different question types in the exam
- Improved techniques and strategies so that you can succeed in each part of the exam
- An extended range of grammar and vocabulary
- An improved ability to communicate in English with greater confidence and accuracy in a variety of settings
- The ability to better understand a wide range of spoken and written texts
- The ability to produce a variety of written texts with greater confidence and accuracy
CAE course start dates'
|Course dates 2019/2020||CAE Exam Date (Cardiff centre)||CAE Exam Application Deadline (Cardiff centre)|
|These start dates are recommended and are designed for students to sit the exam at the end of the course, however students are not obligated to study for the full period|
|Autumn 2019||23rd September – 13th December||14th December 2019||14th November 2019|
|Winter 2020||6th January – 20th March||20th March 2020||20th February 2020|
|Spring 2020||30th March – 19th June||20th June 2020||21st May 2020|
|Summer 2020||29th June – 25th September||tbc|
|Autumn 2020||28th September – 18th December||tbc|
Booking an exam'
We can help our students book a Cambridge exam either in Cardiff or at another location in the UK.
- Please note that Cambridge exam fees are not included in the course fee. The exam costs approximately £165. (Price Correct November 2019).
- For more information about Cambridge examinations, please visit Cambridge Exam Website.
Levels and availability'
The Advanced Certificate is a C1 level exam. To join this course, you will either:
- Have completed a C1 course in General English, or
- Be studying a C1 (Advanced) course with us in the morning or afternoon.
If your level of English is too low, we reserve the right to place you in an alternative class. If you later reach the right level to join a the CAE class, we will then place you in the class if spaces are available.
All our Cambridge Exam Preparation classes are subject to availability.
- If we do not have spaces available in our CAE class, we reserve the right to place you in a General English class until a space becomes available.
- If we do not have a sufficient number of students to open a Cambridge class, we reserve the right to place you in an alternative class.