The opportunity to gain an English language qualification so that you can study at university.
I can communicate in familiar situations, but often make mistakes or don't have the vocabulary I need.
I can speak and understand reasonably well and can use basic tenses but have problems with more difficult grammar and vocabulary.
- b2Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
- Class Size:
- Maximum 10 students
- Start Date:
- Any Monday
- Course Length:
- 1-50 weeks
- Minimum Age:
- 08.45 - 10.15 & 10.30 - 12.00
- 10.15 - 10.30
- Monday - Friday
It is quick and easy to apply online. Just click on the link below to book your course.Apply Online Request a Quote
A great option if you would like to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification so that you can study at university.
IELTS is an internationally-recognised English language exam. Most of our students who follow one of our IELTS exam preparation courses go on to complete an undergraduate or postgraduate course at universities in the UK or other English-speaking countries. The aim of our IELTS preparation course is to help you improve your level of English and provide you with the strategies and techniques you need to succeed in the exam.
Our IELTS preparation course could be perfect if you:
- Want to obtain an IELTS score as evidence of your English ability or improve your current IELTS score.
- Improve your English for further study and go to university in the UK or another English-speaking country.
- Require an IELTS score as proof of your English level for work or visa purposes.
IELTS Exam Preparation Course Content
Our IELTS Preparation courses combine language development with examination techniques, study skills and examination practice. We will help you develop strategies and techniques for dealing with each section of the IELTS examination. There will be regular IELTS practice tests, followed by feedback and advice on how to improve. You will use a course book and we will give you this at the start of your course. You will also have access to Celtic Online so that you can also improve your English outside the classroom.
Our IELTS Preparation morning course runs between 8:45 and 12:00 from Monday to Friday. We also offer IELTS exam preparation as an add-on course between 12:30 and 14:00 from Monday to Thursday.
Intended learning outcomes'
By the end of the course you should have:
- Improved English language and critical thinking skills in an academic context
- Improved techniques and strategies to succeed in each part of the IELTS test
- A thorough understanding of the IELTS test format and question types
- An extended range of academic and everyday English grammar and vocabulary which will help you succeed in the IELTS test
- The ability to express your ideas and opinions with greater confidence, fluency and accuracy both in speaking and in writing.
Levels and availability'
We can offer 4 levels of IELTS Preparation courses. You will be placed in the appropriate class depending on your IELTS band score and the band score you are working towards obtaining.
|Level 1||Bands 3.5-4.5|
|Level 2||Bands 4.5-5.5|
|Level 3||Bands 5.5-6.5|
|Level 4||Bands 6.5-7.5|
- All IELTS classes are subject to your level of English and availability.
- If your level of English is too low, or we do not have spaces available in an IELTS class, we reserve the right to place you in a General English class until you reach the right level to join a suitable IELTS class.
- If you book IELTS30, you will follow an IELTS Preparation Course in the morning and General English in the afternoon.
Booking an IELTS Test'
We can help our students book an IELTS test
We can help you book an IELTS examination at our local test centre in Cardiff or at a different location in the UK. Please note that:
- IELTS examination fees are not included in the course fees.
- The current 2019 IELTS examination fee is approximately £175 and the IELTS SELT (UKVI) fee is £200. (Prices correct February 2019)
- For more information about the IELTS exam, please visit IELTS Website.