Add our Global Communication & Culture programme to help you develop your skills as a global citizen
I can speak and understand reasonably well and can use basic tenses but have problems with more difficult grammar and vocabulary.
b2 Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
Why take our Global Communication & Culture (GCC) programme?
When you work, live or study abroad, you have to adapt to a new cultural environment. Our GCC programme improves your understanding of the people and cultures of the world, as well as your understanding of British culture, building global competence and communication skills.
There are many benefits to adding Global Communication & Culture to your course. It could help you to:
- Increase your cultural self-awareness and understanding of others
- Interact more effectively with people of other nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
- Integrate more effectively during your time in the UK
- Develop your skills as a global citizen which can benefit you for future studies, work and life
- Receive a recognised certificate for your CV or personal statement
- Be in a mixed nationality environment where you can discuss intercultural topics
How will I study?
Our Global Communication & Culture programme can help you to grow as a global citizen and develop your intercultural awareness skills through a blended learning programme. By using classroom lessons and a variety of online resources, students will be able to develop intercultural competence and deal with cultural adjustment. In class, your teacher will guide you to improve your communication skills by taking part in discussions and roleplays.
What topics will I study?
- Stereotypes and Generalisations
- Cultural Values
- Communication Styles
- Dealing with Conflict
- Navigating Cultures
- Intercultural Learning
- British Culture and Society