Work experience in a local company is a great way to improve your professional skills and your English.
I can speak and understand reasonably well and can use basic tenses but have problems with more difficult grammar and vocabulary.
- b2Upper Intermediate
I can communicate without much difficulty but still make some mistakes and misunderstand sometimes.
I can speak and understand very well but in unfamiliar situations may have a few problems with topic-specific vocabulary.
An internship placement can help you to:
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Boost your future employability
- Add international experience to your CV
- Expand your workplace knowledge and expertise
- Put your English skills into practice and increase your confidence using English in the workplace.
- Booking Requirements:
- Minimum 6 weeks before course start date
- Course Requirements:
- Minimum 2 weeks English study at Celtic
- Recommended Course:
- Business English
- Placement Length:
- Up to 24 weeks unpaid
- Minimum Age:
It is quick and easy to apply online. Just click on the link below to book your course.Apply Online
Internships in the UK are a great way to improve your English and gain experience in the workplace.
Internships in the UK are a great way to improve your English and get first-hand experience in the workplace so they can be a fantastic addition to any General English or Business English course. We can offer internships in a wide range of sectors from accountancy to teaching.
During the Covid-19 situation, why not take one of our online General English courses instead?
Internships in the UK can be a great opportunity for eligible students who:
- Wish to gain work experience while they study in Cardiff.
- Would like to improve their English language skills in the workplace.
- Advance their future career opportunities.
|Internship sectors include|
|Retail||Culture and the Arts||Laboratory work||Hotel and Catering|
|Tourism||Architecture||Graphic and Wed Design||IT|
|Administration||Marketing and Sales||Event Management||Accountancy and Finance|
Who is the internship programme suitable for?'
To be eligible for an internship, you have to study English at Celtic English Academy for a minimum of two weeks before the internship begins and be either an EU or EEA national.
How to apply'
You will be asked to complete an internship application form. When you make your Internship Programme application, you can select three sectors you are interested in.
You will need to provide us with:
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A letter of motivation which explains why you would like to do work experience in your chosen sector, and
- Our application form.
Our coordinator will do their best to offer you a relevant placement, subject to availability. We will also arrange an informal Skype interview with you before confirming your placement.
- We must receive your booking at least 6 weeks before the course start date for us to arrange your internship placement.
- You must study one of our General English or Business English courses for a minimum of 2 weeks before your placement, but you may study for more than 2 weeks if you desire.
- You can book your accommodation with us. Please put this on your application form.
|Up to 4 weeks||7-12 weeks||12-24 weeks|